Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Paranormal or MC Romance

Can a Book be Both?

Paranormal and MC

 

On my down time, between writing the books in my series, I write on an adult book. It is a way for me to experiment with a world I really don't know much about--the adult romance world.

I'm a big fan or J.R Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon. I'm a sucker for a man who saves the woman he loves and so forth. I like the whole soul mate idea. Call me old fashioned but that is what I like. I believe a man should take care of the woman he loves by doing manly things.

When I started this book, I never thought of it as an MC romance. I actually didn't know there was a category that represented motorcycle clubs. See, I'm new to the adult world, so I'm learning as I go. I always thought my book would be paranormal. It has vampires and shape shifters in it. There is also angels and demons. So I wonder, is this book an MC romance?

The book is about a motorcycle club who is made up of different species. Each chapter is a different group; vampire, angel so on. These men are signed to protect humans from rogue versions of themselves. 

Every paranormal book I've read is about a vampire, demon or something, so naturally I assumed my book would be called a paranormal romance.

A crit group I am in suggested my book be considered for MC. I thought about it and actually looked through a few, reading the first few chapters. I noticed the ones I picked up are all contemporary fiction. Would that hinder my book from being considered for an MC romance when it is definitely not contemporary?

I would love some feed back on this. What do you think makes a MC romance and Paranormal different?

No comments:

Post a Comment