Thursday, January 12, 2017

Immurement Review

Immurement

Book 1 The Undergrounders Series

by Norma Hinkens

 

 Every year for Christmas my son buys me a book. I love that he gives me stories I wouldn't normally pick out on my own and through him I discover new and exciting worlds. 


Immurement was one of those books I wouldn't have picked up. I'm not a fan of apocalyptic genres but I have read a few just to get an idea of what they are all about. I loved the cover of this book. I'm going to post the cover I have since there is another. I liked how the front gives you an impression of what the pages tell but leaves you wondering just why there is destruction. I was off put when I read the girl had an M16 but on the cover it isn't like one I have ever seen. It looks more like a bolt action 22. 

Inside, I discovered an independent girl who would do anything to save the people she loved. She battles Sweepers, Rogues and her own kind to rescue her brother from a place who uses people for spare parts. I found myself rooting for others to sweep her off her feet, especially when she had thought her true love was gone. When she starts on her journey, she doesn't know that the people she can trust most are the ones she was taught to hate. A good lesson, you don't know who your friends are until you need them most. To be honest, I was sad when one person died. I wanted them to live because I liked them more than any other. He made the story. He showed her what true humanity was. 
I liked how the end made you want to read the second book. I found myself surprised but in a good way. There was action, drama and emotion I felt with each word. Norma done a fantastic job creating her world with the help of Idaho. I feel as if I know the mountains there. With her words, she painted a vivid picture.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment